With an address in Sacramento, California, Acc Care Center is one of nine facilities there. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is one of the most elite facilities we looked at. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as the best nursing home in Sacramento. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Acc Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Sacramento senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Sacramento, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled at short-term care. We awarded them an A+ in this area. Short-term care scores are meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing score weighs several factors, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Acc Care Center?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, this facility also was awarded a very strong long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This rounded out a very strong profile. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.48718 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acc Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acc Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acc Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acc Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acc Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acc Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acc Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acc Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acc Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acc Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Acc Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acc Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acc Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acc Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 13.94 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Sutter Davis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away2000 Sutter Place Davis California 95616Voluntary non-profit - Private(530) 756-6440
- Dci-Meadowview Dialysis Clinic1.33 miles away1545 Meadowview Rd., Suite 130-180 Sacramento California 95832Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 392-1250
- South Sacramento Dialysis Center3.53 miles away7000 Franklin Blvd. #880 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (916) 427-2561
- Davita Deer Park Dialysis3.98 miles away4401 Mack Road Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 738-3575
- Rai Mack Road4.25 miles away4660 Mack Road, Ste 168 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (916) 394-9312
- West Elk Grove Dialysis Center4.5 miles away2208 Kausen Drive Suite 100 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 683-5992
- Southgate Dialysis4.76 miles away7231 E Southgate Drive Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 395-7585
- Florin Dialysis Center5.18 miles away7000 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 424-3990
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic5.84 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947