Acc Care Center is located in Sacramento, California. The city offers a variety of options. After receiving an overall score of A, this facility is ranked among the most elite nursing homes we found. In fact, we ranked this facility as the best facility in Sacramento. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Acc Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Sacramento, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received an A+ in short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's government inspections. We awarded it an A for that category. Our inspection scores are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Acc Care Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. When computing our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this facility was given a very strong grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home completed a straight A report card. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.51923 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acc Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acc Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acc Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acc Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acc Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acc Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acc Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acc Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acc Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acc Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Acc Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acc Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acc Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acc Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 13.94 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Sutter Davis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away2000 Sutter Place Davis California 95616Voluntary non-profit - Private(530) 756-6440
- Dci-Meadowview Dialysis Clinic1.33 miles away1545 Meadowview Rd., Suite 130-180 Sacramento California 95832Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 392-1250
- South Sacramento Dialysis Center3.53 miles away7000 Franklin Blvd. #880 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (916) 427-2561
- Davita Deer Park Dialysis3.98 miles away4401 Mack Road Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 738-3575
- Rai Mack Road4.25 miles away4660 Mack Road, Ste 168 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (916) 394-9312
- West Elk Grove Dialysis Center4.5 miles away2208 Kausen Drive Suite 100 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 683-5992
- Southgate Dialysis4.76 miles away7231 E Southgate Drive Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 395-7585
- Florin Dialysis Center5.18 miles away7000 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 424-3990
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic5.84 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947