Acacia Health Center is located in Phoenix, Arizona. The city offers a variety of nursing home options. This facility is one of the most impressive facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires first-rate scores across the board. At the end of the day, this place would be a no brainer for just about anybody. Finally, this worked out to be a very consistent facility with consistently strong grades in each of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Acacia Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Phoenix senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Phoenix, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Phoenix, Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we assess the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Acacia Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of of A+ for its short-term care grade. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, this facility received a highly favorable long-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of A in this category, rounding out a straight A profile. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acacia Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acacia Health Center, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acacia Health Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acacia Health Center, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acacia Health Center, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acacia Health Center, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acacia Health Center, 3.74% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acacia Health Center, 74.57% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acacia Health Center, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acacia Health Center, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Acacia Health Center, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acacia Health Center, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acacia Health Center, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acacia Health Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)3.32 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Desert Valley Dialysis (Fmc)3.5 miles away3815 E. Bell Road Ste. 1100 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 788-0755
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)5.19 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)7.35 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Fmc North Mountain8.12 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)8.71 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)9.56 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)9.7 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763