Acacia Health Center is located in Phoenix, Arizona. The city offers a variety of nursing home options. This facility is one of the most impressive facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires first-rate scores across the board. At the end of the day, this place would be a no brainer for just about anybody. Finally, this worked out to be a very consistent facility with consistently strong grades in each of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Acacia Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Phoenix, Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Phoenix, Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Acacia Health Center?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this nursing home also was awarded a first-rate long-term care score, with an A-. This rounded out a very impressive report card. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acacia Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acacia Health Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acacia Health Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acacia Health Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acacia Health Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acacia Health Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acacia Health Center, 3.1% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acacia Health Center, 80.03% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acacia Health Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acacia Health Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Acacia Health Center, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acacia Health Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acacia Health Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acacia Health Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 23 other nursing homes
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)3.32 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Desert Valley Dialysis (Fmc)3.5 miles away3815 E. Bell Road Ste. 1100 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 788-0755
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)5.19 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)7.35 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Fmc North Mountain8.12 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)8.71 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)9.56 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)9.7 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763