Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park is located in Orchard Park, New York. This city has a total of 29,961 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor grade. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Orchard Park. The city has just one other nursing home. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park
Updated Jun 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
6060 Armor Road,
Orchard Park NY 14127
0.99% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
While we were not high on this facility's overall grade, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Inspection scores are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Our nursing grade is mostly based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Finally, we also factored a few quality-based metrics into our nursing grades. This place was subpar in two of the major metrics we look at, with below average scores for minimizing its patients' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are usually decent measures of the quality of nursing care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category ended up being short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a C. Our short-term care scores are likely more important for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The hope is that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 38.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility really didn't fare very well in this area either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as terrible as it gets. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated just 85.17745 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.54 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 13.02% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 92.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 14.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 18.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 18.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Orchard Park, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 5.33 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.78 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Bertrand Chaffee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.64 miles away224 East Main Street Springville New York 14141Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 592-2871
- Davita Orchard Park Dialysis2.16 miles away3801 Taylor Road Orchard Park New York 14127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 209-7200
- Davita Southtowns Dialysis4.81 miles away4910 Camp Road, Suite 100 Hamburg New York 14075CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 649-4072
- Davita Renal Care of Buffalo5.77 miles away550 Orchard Park Road Buffalo New York 14224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 677-0089
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis9.72 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo9.79 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 818 Ellicott Street Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 4 (716) 323-1765
- Us Renal Care West Cheektowaga11.02 miles away2861 Harlem Road Buffalo New York 14225CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (716) 891-7429
- Davita Buffalo Downtown Dialysis11.19 miles away520 Ellicott St Suite 100 Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 845-5101
- Erie County Medical Center12.57 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400