Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park is a very-large facility in East Aurora, New York. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This nursing home seems to have some things going for it. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a B+. It actually outpaced most nursing homes in this category. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 80.1214 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this nursing home an impressive grade of D. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we look at the amount of time nurses are seeing residents and the level of skill of the nurses. With just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in the area of short-term care, rendering this the nursing home's worst category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we discovered that this facility offers fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 13.6% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 91.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Absolut Center for Nursing & Rehab Aurora Park, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 7.68 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Bertrand Chaffee HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.18 miles away224 East Main Street Springville New York 14141Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 592-2871
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.34 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Davita Orchard Park Dialysis7.68 miles away3801 Taylor Road Orchard Park New York 14127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 209-7200
- Davita Renal Care of Buffalo8.99 miles away550 Orchard Park Road Buffalo New York 14224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 677-0089
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis10.64 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Davita Southtowns Dialysis11.85 miles away4910 Camp Road, Suite 100 Hamburg New York 14075CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 649-4072
- Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo14.33 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 818 Ellicott Street Buffalo New York 14203Dialysis Stations: 4 (716) 323-1765
- Pure Life Renal of Buffalo Inc.14.75 miles away6010 Main Street Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 631-4700
- Davita Cleve Hill Dialysis Center15.04 miles away1461 Kensington Avenue Buffalo New York 14215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 831-8892
- Erie County Medical Center15.04 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400