Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this facility is among the most impressive facilities we looked at. At the end of the day, this place looks like a wonderful choice for most people. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category grades, which look to be just as impressive as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wynnewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A+. Very few facilities fared better in this area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a dominant long-term care grade. This actually ended up being its third most impressive category grade. In that area, this facility received a score of A. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. It doesn't appear that this facility provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category we scored, this facility received a very strong grade of A in our nursing category. With this score, the facility rounded out a straight A report card. We analyzed the licensure of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center, 7.57% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center, 68.8% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 4.51 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood0.81 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Davita - City Line1.21 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook1.22 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.32 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Davita Cedar Grove Dialysis2.39 miles away4952 Parkside Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 25 (215) 871-0810
- Davita Renal Center of Philadelphia, LLC2.45 miles away5630 Chestnut St., 2nd Flr Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19139Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 476-8301
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northwest Philadelphia2.58 miles away4190 City Avenue, Suite 124 Rowland Hall Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 871-7774
- Dialysis Center of West Philadelphia, LLC2.79 miles away4800 Brown Street, Suite 201 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19139Dialysis Stations: 33 (215) 581-4993