With an address in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center is one of just a couple available facilities in the area. Featuring an overall score of A, this facility is among the best facilities we assessed. As far as we can see, this nursing home would be a wonderful choice for most people. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which look to be equally strong as its overall grade.
Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Very few nursing homes performed this well in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we graded this facility so favorably is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this category. In our short-term care rating, we strive to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of A-. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to the final area, this facility was given an extremely favorable nursing rating. We awarded it a grade of A- in this category, rounding out a straight A profile. There are a number of factors included in this grade. Many of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abramson Senior Care at Lankenau Medical Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 4.51 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wynnewood0.81 miles awayLankenau Hospital Mob - East, Ground Flr 100 East Lancaster Ave., Suite 61 Wynnewood Pennsylvania 19096CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (610) 896-9122
- Davita - City Line1.21 miles away4508 City Line Ave. Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 473-3071
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook1.22 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.32 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Davita Cedar Grove Dialysis2.39 miles away4952 Parkside Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 25 (215) 871-0810
- Davita Renal Center of Philadelphia, LLC2.45 miles away5630 Chestnut St., 2nd Flr Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19139Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 476-8301
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northwest Philadelphia2.58 miles away4190 City Avenue, Suite 124 Rowland Hall Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 871-7774
- Dialysis Center of West Philadelphia, LLC2.79 miles away4800 Brown Street, Suite 201 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19139Dialysis Stations: 33 (215) 581-4993