Horsham Center For Jewish Life is a very-large nursing home located in North Wales, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall score of B, this looks like a very respectable facility. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Horsham Center For Jewish Life
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.32965 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Horsham Center For Jewish Life?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it was given a grade of B. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be most important for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The last category we assessed is nursing. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is a fair grade in this category. Our nursing score is primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Horsham Center For Jewish Life Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 2.97 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson3.1 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale3.66 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown4.77 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita North Wales Dialysis5.49 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington6.54 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.19 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Davita - Abington Dialysis7.34 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis7.39 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426