With an address in North Wales, Pennsylvania, Horsham Center For Jewish Life is the only facility we found in the area. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires solid marks in most areas. This nursing home truly has plenty working in its favor. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Horsham Center For Jewish Life
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1425 Horsham Road,
North Wales PA 19454
97.46% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for this category, which is one of our highest grades. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides more care with registered nurses to its residents than the average nursing home. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. This place performed as well as just about any nursing home in Pennsylvania in this area with 59.2 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, at most facilities, less than half of their short-term residents ever return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Horsham Center For Jewish Life?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.1291 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. This nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.4 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
The last area we scored is nursing, where this nursing home was given a B-. This was this nursing home's worst category. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also considered some quality-based metrics. This facility scored well in a few of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In terms of the percentage of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, this place performed better than the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Horsham Center For Jewish Life Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 3.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 89.35% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 2.97 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson3.1 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale3.66 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown4.77 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita North Wales Dialysis5.49 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington6.54 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.19 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Davita - Abington Dialysis7.34 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis7.39 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426