Horsham Center For Jewish Life is in North Wales, Pennsylvania. The city has 27,870 people. Sporting an overall rating of C, this appears to be a decent nursing home. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home was consistent in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Horsham Center For Jewish Life
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on North Wales senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's best category grade came in the category of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B. Short-term care ratings are important for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Horsham Center For Jewish Life?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. There are a host of factors within this area. Most of the factors relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is well below average. Finally, nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home was awarded a respectable long-term care grade of C. Our long-term care grade is used to measure a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 93.1418 percent of its patients. This is somewhat lower than we expected but still a decent percentage. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Horsham Center For Jewish Life Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 3.3% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 86.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Horsham Center For Jewish Life, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 2.97 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson3.1 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale3.66 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown4.77 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita North Wales Dialysis5.49 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington6.54 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.19 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Davita - Abington Dialysis7.34 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis7.39 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426