Aberdeen Village is a facility in Olathe, Kansas, which has a population of 130,216 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the top facilities we found. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. Based on our analysis, this place is just about as as good as it gets. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
17500 W 119th Street,
Olathe KS 66061
87.83% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Olathe, Kansas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Olathe, Kansas Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also performed well in long-term care, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 74.07407 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Aberdeen Village?
In addition, this nursing home also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that area, with an A. Our inspection scores are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home also performed well in the short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this area. This rounded out a first-rate report card. Our short-term care scores are arguably most critical for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aberdeen Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aberdeen Village, 6.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aberdeen Village, 5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aberdeen Village, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aberdeen Village, 18.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aberdeen Village, 22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aberdeen Village, 5.66% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aberdeen Village, 91.03% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aberdeen Village, 16.97% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aberdeen Village, 17% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Aberdeen Village, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aberdeen Village, 17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aberdeen Village, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aberdeen Village, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Olathe, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Olathe, Kansas has 5 other nursing homes
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.45 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis2.89 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis3.51 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Fkc - Lenexa3.75 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Olathe Dialysis3.99 miles away732 W Frontier Lane Olathe Kansas 66061CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 390-4937
- Lenexa Dialysis5.76 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Johnson County Dialysis6.17 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood6.76 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Nall Dialysis7.53 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671