Abbotts Creek Center is one of just a couple nursing homes located in Lexington, North Carolina. It looks like this facility is a subpar nursing home. A score in this range suggests we found some red flags. This place has very little working in its favor. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Abbotts Creek Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lexington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that have a long list of deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Our short-term care grades are important for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The real question is whether this adversely affected quality of care. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Abbotts Creek Center?
We were surprised to find that this facility also excelled in the category of nursing. In fact, we gave it a score of D for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. We gave it an F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated 89.385475 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is several points below what we expected. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abbotts Creek Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abbotts Creek Center, 12.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abbotts Creek Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abbotts Creek Center, 4.68% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abbotts Creek Center, 10.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abbotts Creek Center, 11.18% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abbotts Creek Center, 5.29% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abbotts Creek Center, 92.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abbotts Creek Center, 23.08% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abbotts Creek Center, 23.94% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Abbotts Creek Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abbotts Creek Center, 23.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abbotts Creek Center, 11.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abbotts Creek Center, 76.11% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Novant Health Rowan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.2 miles away612 Mocksville Ave Salisbury North Carolina 28144Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 210-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.35 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University4.62 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Thomasville Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University8.83 miles away10 Laura Lane Thomasville North Carolina 27360CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (336) 472-4500
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University12.57 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200
- Davita Spencer Dialysis14.66 miles away1287 N. Salisbury Avenue Spencer North Carolina 28159Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 636-3545
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.02 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.16 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.64 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point16.66 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046