Abbotts Creek Center is one of four available facilities in Lexington, North Carolina. This facility is a subpar facility. A grade in this range suggests we found some red flags. Unfortunately, this grade was right in line with the city grade in Lexington, which is also well below average. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Abbotts Creek Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this area. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Abbotts Creek Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area ended up being its short-term care grade, where it received a grade of C. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is often a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 91.01123 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abbotts Creek Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abbotts Creek Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abbotts Creek Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abbotts Creek Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abbotts Creek Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abbotts Creek Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abbotts Creek Center, 3.01% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abbotts Creek Center, 87.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abbotts Creek Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abbotts Creek Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Abbotts Creek Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abbotts Creek Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abbotts Creek Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abbotts Creek Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Lexington, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lexington, North Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Novant Health Rowan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.2 miles away612 Mocksville Ave Salisbury North Carolina 28144Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 210-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.35 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University4.62 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Thomasville Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University8.83 miles away10 Laura Lane Thomasville North Carolina 27360CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (336) 472-4500
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University12.57 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200
- Davita Spencer Dialysis14.66 miles away1287 N. Salisbury Avenue Spencer North Carolina 28159Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 636-3545
- North Randolph Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.02 miles away5948 Mendenhall Rd Ext High Point North Carolina 27263Dialysis Stations: 10 (336) 434-8910
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.16 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.64 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point16.66 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046