Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center is an average-sized facility located in Roselle, Illinois. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a good score. At the end of the day, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this place also received first-rate health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that area, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received high marks in the area of long-term care as well. As a result, we awarded it one of our strongest grades in that category with a score of A-. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this nursing home also earned a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final category we analyzed is nursing. In that category, we gave this facility a C. Our nursing rating features a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this metric. This is often a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 87.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 4.01 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center1.57 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Schaumburg1.72 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove2.98 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center3.28 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr3.45 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates4.35 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis5.62 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis6.35 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104