Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center is an average-sized facility located in Roselle, Illinois. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally indicates a few concerning datapoints. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Roselle. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
31 West Central,
Roselle IL 60172
67.8% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B- for inspections. This grade is better than this place's overall grade. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest category we gave this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Our short-term care scores are likely more critical for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing rating features many factors. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category was long-term care, which is the final category we looked at. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who have had a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abbington Rehab & Nursing Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 4.01 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center1.57 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Schaumburg1.72 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove2.98 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center3.28 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr3.45 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates4.35 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis5.62 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis6.35 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104