Abbey Delray South is a nursing home in Delray Beach, Florida. The city has a total of 107,599 people. We gave this facility an impressive overall score of A. In fact, this turned out to be the highest graded facility in Delray Beach. Based on our analysis, this facility is just about as as good as it gets. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Abbey Delray South
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ short-term care grade. In our short-term care score, we attempt to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing score is primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Abbey Delray South?
We gave this nursing home a score of A- for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final area, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care rating. We gave it a grade of B+ in this category, topping off one of our more impressive profiles. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abbey Delray South Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abbey Delray South, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abbey Delray South, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have suffered a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abbey Delray South, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abbey Delray South, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abbey Delray South, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abbey Delray South, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abbey Delray South, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abbey Delray South, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abbey Delray South, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Abbey Delray South, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abbey Delray South, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abbey Delray South, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abbey Delray South, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Delray Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Delray Beach, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC1.33 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959
- Vip Kidney Health, LLC1.8 miles away2605 W Atlantic Ave C-101 Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 3 (561) 403-5201
- Sands Dialysis LLC1.8 miles away2655 W Atlantic Ave Delray Beach Florida 33445Dialysis Stations: 22 (561) 279-2626
- Renal Care Partners of Delray Beach LLC3.43 miles away15300 Jog Road Suite 104 Delray Beach Florida 33446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 499-1878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc3.49 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC3.49 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Dialyze Direct Fl3.84 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC4.22 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700