15 Craigside is a small non-profit nursing home located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this facility is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we assessed. Not surprisingly, this is actually one of the top three nursing homes in Honolulu. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are equally strong as its overall rating.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Honolulu, Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about 15 Craigside?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a of A in that area. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of A. This wrapped up a very strong report card. Only a select few nursing homes received an A- or better in each of our categories. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
15 Craigside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In 15 Craigside, 5.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In 15 Craigside, 2.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In 15 Craigside, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In 15 Craigside, 9.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In 15 Craigside, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In 15 Craigside, 1.5% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In 15 Craigside, 97.18% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In 15 Craigside, 11.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In 15 Craigside, 19.95% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In 15 Craigside, 0.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In 15 Craigside, 19.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 18 other nursing homes
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 2.04 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 3.96 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center0.35 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility0.48 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center0.74 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana1.6 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis2.38 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center4.03 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Kaimuki Dialysis4.86 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center5.72 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885