15 Craigside is in Honolulu, Hawaii. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 403,114 people. This facility is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system requires superb performance across the board. Even in a city offering 19 nursing homes, this nursing home caught our attention as a very fine selection. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
15 Craigside Place,
Honolulu HI 96817
94.39% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Unfortunately, it does not look like we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing grades are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provides an incredible 5.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Out of this total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of providing high levels of nursing care, this nursing home was also above average in each of the major quality-based metrics we assessed in this category. By way of illustration, it performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally reliable measures of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Does this page answer your questions about 15 Craigside?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Only a select group of facilities fared better in this area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. This facility provided more registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. This is what we like to find when assessing a facility in this category. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. We gave it a grade of A in this category. This finalized truly elite profile. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to offering elite levels of nursing care, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. This combination proved to be successful as this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.16 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
15 Craigside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In 15 Craigside, 5.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In 15 Craigside, 2.15% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In 15 Craigside, 2.54% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In 15 Craigside, 8.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In 15 Craigside, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In 15 Craigside, 1.47% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In 15 Craigside, 97.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In 15 Craigside, 11.27% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In 15 Craigside, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In 15 Craigside, 0.91 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In 15 Craigside, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 18 other nursing homes
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 2.04 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 3.96 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center0.35 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility0.48 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center0.74 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana1.6 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis2.38 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center4.03 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Kaimuki Dialysis4.86 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center5.72 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885