15 Craigside is a small non-profit nursing home located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this facility is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we assessed. Not surprisingly, this is actually the highest graded nursing home in Honolulu. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are equally strong as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
15 Craigside Place,
Honolulu HI 96817
90.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hawaii Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Honolulu, Hawaii Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about 15 Craigside?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its long-term care grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we graded is short-term care, where this facility was given an A. This wrapped up a very favorable profile. Only a select few nursing homes received an A- or better in in each area we assessed. In our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
15 Craigside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In 15 Craigside, 5.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In 15 Craigside, 1.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In 15 Craigside, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who have sustained UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In 15 Craigside, 10.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In 15 Craigside, 8.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In 15 Craigside, 1.74% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In 15 Craigside, 95.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In 15 Craigside, 13.21% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In 15 Craigside, 18.67% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In 15 Craigside, 1.11 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In 15 Craigside, 18.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Honolulu, HI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Honolulu, Hawaii has 5 other nursing homes
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 2.04 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 3.96 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Adventist Health CastleAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away640 Ulukahiki St Kailua Hawaii 96734Voluntary non-profit - Church(808) 263-5500
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Dsi Honolulu Dialysis Center0.35 miles away226 N. Kuakini St Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 54 (808) 545-3933
- Siemsen Dialysis Facility0.48 miles away2226 Liliha Street Suite 226 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 74 (808) 585-4660
- Dsi Aloha Dialysis Center0.74 miles away1520 Liliha Street, Suite 101 Honolulu Hawaii 96817CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (808) 531-1748
- Liberty Dialysis-Hawaii Ala Moana1.6 miles away500 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 7302 Honolulu Hawaii 96813Dialysis Stations: 3 (808) 566-6388
- Us Renal Care Beretania Dialysis2.38 miles away1908 South Beretania Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Dialysis Stations: 17 (808) 947-2797
- Dsi Kapahulu Dialysis Center4.03 miles away750 Palani Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 732-7702
- Kaimuki Dialysis4.86 miles away3625 Harding Avenue Honolulu Hawaii 96816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 735-2585
- Dsi - Windward Dialysis Center5.72 miles away45-480 Kaneohe Bay Drive #d09 Kaneohe Hawaii 96744CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 235-0885