With an address in Saratoga, California, Our Lady of Fatima Villa is one of just a few nursing homes in this city. This is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Our Lady of Fatima Villa
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
20400 Saratoga-Los Gatos Rd,
Saratoga CA 95070
100.47% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our short-term care grades are vital for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Remarkably, this facility provides its residents with at least 50% more physical therapist hours per week than the average facility. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in California in this area with 60.1 percent of its patients returning home. For most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. We analyzed the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home provides 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these areas as good indicators of the quality of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Does this page answer your questions about Our Lady of Fatima Villa?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an impressive grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, this facility was awarded a respectable long-term care score. Although this is not as elite as many of its other category grades, this is truly a middle of the pack score. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. While it had 2.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was better than the majority of nursing homes due to it having more complex patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Our Lady of Fatima Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 4.32% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 96.21% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Our Lady of Fatima Villa, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 5.78 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center3.77 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Satellite Dialysis Los Gatos3.89 miles away53 Los Gatos Saratoga Road Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 17 (408) 458-4460
- Fmc Los Gatos4.46 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- San Jose at Home5.26 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center5.26 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek5.27 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center5.83 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose6.5 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900