Mill Creek Manor is a small nursing home located in Mentone, California. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely far worse places out there. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Mill Creek Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in this area with a grade of A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. The nursing score consists of many datapoints, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Mill Creek Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of B-. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average datapoint. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is short-term care. For this category, we gave this facility a B-. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. It does not look like this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mill Creek Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mill Creek Manor, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mill Creek Manor, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mill Creek Manor, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mill Creek Manor, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mill Creek Manor, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mill Creek Manor, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mill Creek Manor, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mill Creek Manor, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mill Creek Manor, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Mill Creek Manor, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mill Creek Manor, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Mountains Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.32 miles away29101 Hospital Road Lake Arrowhead California 92352Government - Hospital District or Authority(909) 336-3651
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center2.97 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center5.53 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands5.7 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880
- Loma Linda University Kidney Center8.92 miles away11375 Anderson Street Loma Linda California 92354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (909) 558-4225
- Loma Linda University Children's Hospital Pediatric Chronic Dialysis9.1 miles awayChildrens Hospital 11234 Anderson St., Rm. 4219 Loma Linda California 92354Dialysis Stations: 5 (909) 558-8218
- Davita-Citrus Valley Dialysis9.23 miles away894 Hardt Street San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 388-6608
- Fmc-San Bernardino9.44 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508
- Fmc-Loma Linda9.92 miles away269 E. Caroline Street, Suite A San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 514-1008