Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace is in Carmel, Indiana. This city has a total of 77,123 people. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a decent nursing home. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Carmel. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home an A- for our short-term care grade. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Our short-term care ratings are probably more critical for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility also received favorable inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a B. This is better than the facility's overall grade. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace?
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing score analyzes several components, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Indiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. It received an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. This is certainly a major disappointment. Facilities that don't fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 86.95652 percent of its patients. This is significantly less than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 91.56% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manor Care Health Services Summer Trace, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Carmel, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Carmel, Indiana has 7 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.57 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC0.31 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Carmel0.42 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis1.91 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living1.96 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis4.08 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North4.63 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC5.34 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis8.54 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900