Hidden Lake Care Center is an average-sized facility in Kansas City, Missouri. Our grading scheme was not very kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall score of F. This facility does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Hidden Lake Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11400 Hidden Lake Drive,
Kansas City MO 64133
78.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall score nor its category grades gave us much to write home about. This place's best category was inspections, but even there we gave it a D. This is still a well below average score. One of the most significant factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We recommend you pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 9 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 12 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to note that this nursing home received an F for its long-term care score. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 49.520767 percent of its patients. This is quite a bit lower than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Hidden Lake Care Center?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. When determining our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility really didn't perform well here either. With an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. With a score this poor for this category, we were not stunned to learn this nursing home was below average in two of the key staffing areas we assess. In fact, it provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics was damning for this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hidden Lake Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hidden Lake Care Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 8.04 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown1.41 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Fmc - Centerpoint1.92 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis2.54 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Swope Dialysis4.68 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Eastland Dialysis4.79 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Independence Dialysis Center5.38 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center6.25 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center7.01 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312