Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility is a nursing home located in Las Vegas, Nevada which has a total of 1,417,793 people. With an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. In spite of Las Vegas having 29 other nursing homes to choose from, this facility stood out as a fine choice. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Wound Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also earned an elite long-term care grade. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that category, with an A-. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 93.548386 percent of its patients. This is a bit lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. It doesn't look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In the last area we looked at, we found that this facility received a solid government inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. It earned a decent grade in inspections with a B-. This nursing home didn't have any major weak links. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 3.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 77.28% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 14.36% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 22.51% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gaye Haven Intermediate Care Facility, 22.51 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 9.39 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 9.65 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.91 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)1.75 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558
- North Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)3.91 miles away2065 North Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas Nevada 89030CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 639-0469
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)5.1 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- Lake Mead Dialysis Center5.58 miles away713 E Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 642-0216
- Red Moon Dialysis5.66 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- Lake Mead North (Fmc)5.8 miles away1581 Mount Mariah Drive Suite 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89106Dialysis Stations: 32 (702) 647-4089
- Davita East Sunrise Dialysis5.8 miles away1750 E Desert Inn Road Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169Dialysis Stations: 21 (702) 474-7052
- Desert Springs Dialysis Center (Dva)6.42 miles away2110 E Flamingo Rd Ste 108 Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 696-9768