Friendship Manor Nursing Home is a large nursing home in Pewee Valley, Kentucky. This nursing home received an alarming overall score based on the data we assessed. This place is really as bad as it gets. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Friendship Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Friendship Manor Nursing Home has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Note: Friendship Manor Nursing Home has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of long-term care, this nursing home was given just a D in that area. As it turns out, this ended up being its second best grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 38.588234 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Friendship Manor Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of short-term care, this facility was awarded a grade of just D in that category. In our short-term care score, we endeavor to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we were not stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.2 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
The final area we scored is nursing, in which this facility received a bottom of the barrel score in this area as well. It received an F in this area, which is definitely a major concern. When determining our nursing grades, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Friendship Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 8.14% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Friendship Manor Nursing Home, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 5.98 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Baptist Health La GrangeAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1025 New Moody Lane La Grange Kentucky 40031Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 222-5388
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 12.02 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 14.53 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 14.55 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Fmc - Northeast Louisville2.9 miles away3701 Chamberlain Lane Louisville Kentucky 40241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 327-1144
- Davita - Springhurst Dialysis Center3.76 miles away10201 Champion Farms Dr Louisville Kentucky 40241Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 425-2131
- Davita - Meadows East8.26 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis8.36 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- Fmc - Suburban8.98 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Oldham County9.04 miles away2100 Button Lane, Suite 105 La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 225-6223
- Davita - Lagrange Dialysis Center9.31 miles away240 Parker Drive La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 222-5527
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies9.58 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650