Faith Care Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Highland, Illinois. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is an elite grade. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Faith Care Center
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
100 Faith Drive,
Highland IL 62249
57.5% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home received an A in our long-term care category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. This nursing home was also able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.43 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. The nursing score consists of quite a few datapoints, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at a few quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place excelled in these areas, with excellent scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Does this page answer your questions about Faith Care Center?
This facility also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a score of A-. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. This actually was this nursing home's least impressive area. Short-term care grades are generally used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 43.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Faith Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Faith Care Center, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Faith Care Center, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Faith Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Faith Care Center, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Faith Care Center, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Faith Care Center, 29.52% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Faith Care Center, 87.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Faith Care Center, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Faith Care Center, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Faith Care Center, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Faith Care Center, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Faith Care Center, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Faith Care Center, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 1.99 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- St Josephs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away9515 Holy Cross Ln Breese Illinois 62230Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 526-4511
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.66 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Greenville Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.66 miles away200 Health Care Dr Greenville Illinois 62246Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 664-1230
- Fmc - Breese Dialysis11.39 miles away160 North Main Street Breese Illinois 62230Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 526-7370
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis15.33 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis15.33 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Fmc - Regency Park15.98 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis16.05 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Total Renal Care, Inc.17.32 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis17.87 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Davita - Collinsville19.31 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016