Cumberland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Fayetteville, North Carolina. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber generally indicates some concerning datapoints. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Fayetteville. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Cumberland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2461 Legion Road,
Fayetteville NC 28306
Note: Cumberland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
While we gave this facility a weak overall score, we gave it a fairly respectable grade in the area of inspections, where we gave it a B-. This was certainly better than its other category grades. Our inspection scores are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Our nursing score is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared to most other nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. Although this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Cumberland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Our short-term care grades are important for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 44.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home was awarded a grade of B- for long-term care, which is generally a decent score. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We weren't able to locate information on vaccination rates. Lastly, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Fayetteville, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fayetteville, North Carolina has 6 other nursing homes
- Cape Fear Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away1638 Owen Drive P O Box 2000 Fayetteville North Carolina 28302Voluntary non-profit - Private(910) 609-4000
- Womack Amc (Ft Bragg)Acute Care - Department of Defense 10.46 miles away2817 Reilly Road Fort Bragg North Carolina 28307Department of Defense(910) 907-9262
- Cape Fear Valley Hoke HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away210 Medical Pavilion Drive Raeford North Carolina 28376Voluntary non-profit - Private(910) 904-8000
- Fayetteville Kidney Center0.11 miles away2560 Legion Road Fayetteville North Carolina 28306CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 50 (910) 426-2001
- Fmc Dialysis Services South Ramsey3.78 miles away526 Ramsey Street Fayetteville North Carolina 28301CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 51 (910) 221-4363
- Fmc of West Fayetteville6.05 miles away6959 Nexus Court Fayetteville North Carolina 28304CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (910) 867-2602
- Fmc Dialysis Services North Ramsey7.01 miles away130 Longview Drive Fayetteville North Carolina 28311CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (910) 482-3491
- Total Renal Care of North Carolina, LLC14.94 miles away285 Paraclete Dr Raeford North Carolina 28376Dialysis Stations: 11 (910) 878-0052
- Dialysis Care of Hoke County Inc18.09 miles away403 South Main Street Raeford North Carolina 28376CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (910) 875-6561