Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center is a large nursing home located in Los Angeles, California. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a subpar nursing home. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 75 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. The best thing we can say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B. Our inspection scores are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This place was hit with 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This facility also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its third best category grade in the category of long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable score. Long-term care grades are critical for individuals in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is short-term care, which was this facility's worst area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With a score in this range for this category, we were not surprised to find this facility was well below average in many staffing areas we assess. It provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Los Feliz Nursing Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 1.4 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center1.41 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.61 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset1.66 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles1.66 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Fmc-West Glendale2.1 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis2.22 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.41 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis3.03 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730