Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville is located in Buffalo, New York, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. This facility received an overall grade of D, which is a well below average grade. Buffalo received a city grade of B, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection grade. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
147 Reist Street,
Buffalo NY 14221
76.69% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this nursing home overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is significantly more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of C. The nursing grade includes several components, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. This facility's was given a poor long-term care score where it received an F. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.13376 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a very poor score in this area as well. We gave it an F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. Our short-term care ratings are likely more important for residents requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its abysmal grade in this area, we weren't shocked to discover this nursing home offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 13.2% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 91.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Comprehensive Rehab & Nursing Center at Williamsville, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Buffalo, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Buffalo, New York has 19 other nursing homes
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 8.75 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 9.61 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Eastern Niagara HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away521 East Avenue Lockport New York 14094Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 514-5700
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.37 miles away621 Tenth Street Niagara Falls New York 14302Voluntary non-profit - Other(716) 278-4000
- Pure Life Renal of Buffalo Inc.1.11 miles away6010 Main Street Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 631-4700
- Davita Suburban Dialysis1.79 miles away705 Maple Road Suite 600 Buffalo New York 14221CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (716) 630-6640
- Us Renal Care Williamsville Dialysis2.49 miles away7964 Transit Road, Suite 8-A Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 634-1841
- Davita Cleve Hill Dialysis Center3.02 miles away1461 Kensington Avenue Buffalo New York 14215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 831-8892
- Us Renal Care Amherst Dialysis3.95 miles away2880, Sheridan Dr Tonawanda New York 14150Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 541-9165
- Erie County Medical Center4.89 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis5.21 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Us Renal Care Tonawanda Dialysis5.42 miles away3161 Eggert Road Tonawanda New York 14150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 832-0159