Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre is in San Diego, California. This city is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 1,241,364 people. Sporting an overall grade of B, this appears to be a good facility. Even in a city featuring 21 nursing homes, this nursing home ought to be a quality option. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional strong feature for this facility is that it was awarded a favorable short-term care score. In fact, this wound up being its second best category score. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. Our short-term care grade is often employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Our nursing score includes several datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility received a strong long-term care rating. This nursing home didn't end up having any weak areas. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Clairemont Healthcare & Wellness Centre, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 20 other nursing homes
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 5.11 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlthcr CtrAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away250 Prospect Place Coronado California 92118Proprietary(619) 435-6251
- Fmc-Balboa Kearny Mesa Dialysis Center0.9 miles away7927 Ostrow Street, Suite A San Diego California 92111CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (858) 571-0232
- Childrens Hospital of San Diego1.31 miles away3020 Childrens Way, Mc 5115 San Diego California 92123Dialysis Stations: 5 (858) 966-8882
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego3.54 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070
- Fmc-Hillcrest Dialysis3.56 miles away3960 Third Avenue San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 299-3900
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College5.77 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Ucsd Dialysis Center5.85 miles awayUcsd Dialysis Center - 200 W. Arbor Drive Dialysis Program, Mail Code 8781 San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (619) 543-5646
- Davita-San Diego South Dialysis6.34 miles away995 Gateway Center Way, Suite 101 San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (619) 262-1960
- Fmc-Gateway Dialysis Center-East6.4 miles away720 Gateway Center Drive, Suite B San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 264-4100