Located in Farmington, Michigan, Catherine's Place is one of just a few facilities in the area. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this facility is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. We simply can not say enough great things about this nursing home. Headlining this place's exemplary report card is its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Updated Nov 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
28750 Eleven Mile Rd.,
Farmington MI 48336
44.81% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Catherine's Place has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided 5.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is among the better figures in the country. A significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the more skilled levels of nurses. We are really impressed by these statistics. On top of providing impressive levels of care, this place was also above average in each of the major quality-based metrics we looked at in this category. It performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Catherine's Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, this nursing home received a strong long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the elite volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff at this nursing home, we also were pleased by the nursing home's vaccination statistics. By way of example, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A. This rounded out an elite report card. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This facility provided more physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. This is what we like to find when assessing a facility in this category. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Catherine's Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Catherine's Place, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Catherine's Place, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Catherine's Place, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Catherine's Place, 13.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Catherine's Place, 18.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Catherine's Place, 3.45% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Catherine's Place, 91.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Catherine's Place, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Catherine's Place, 19.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Catherine's Place, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Catherine's Place, 19.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Catherine's Place, 76.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.66 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC1.73 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Davita - Riverwood Dialysis2.62 miles away24465 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 352-3137
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC3.09 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Nw Detroit Dialysis - Lahser Satellite3.67 miles away25664 Lahser Road Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 358-7521
- Fmc - Botsford Park3.85 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis4.06 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita4.69 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis5.48 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180