Castle Rock Care Center is a senior living facility located in Castle Rock, Colorado, a city with 67,419 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall grade based on the data we assessed. Based on our assessment, this nursing home probably isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is nursing, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Castle Rock Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Castle Rock Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
We really weren't high on this nursing home's overall scores or its category grades. We gave it just a just D for our nursing rating and that proved to be its highest grade. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This place provided 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is not great. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our short-term care grade and that actually turned out to be its second most favorable score. Our short-term care scores are critical for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the figures we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Castle Rock Care Center?
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its inspection rating. This is a particularly important category. Grades in this range usually point to some red flags on the nursing home's inspections. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection score. We would pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the vaccine to just 68.852455 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Castle Rock Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Castle Rock Care Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Castle Rock Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who experienced a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Castle Rock Care Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Castle Rock Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Castle Rock Care Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Castle Rock Care Center, 3.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Castle Rock Care Center, 85.7% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Castle Rock Care Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Castle Rock Care Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Castle Rock Care Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Castle Rock Care Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Castle Rock Care Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.66 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Red Hawk Dialysis (Dva)1.39 miles away4348 Woodland Blvd Ste 131 Castle Rock Colorado 80104Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 663-2875
- Parker Kidney Center (Ara)9.07 miles away18320 E Cottonwood Dr Ste C Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 805-2060
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)9.22 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)11.1 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)11.95 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)16.01 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)17.3 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)17.44 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600