Castle Rock Care Center is a senior living facility located in Castle Rock, Colorado, a city with 67,419 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of D, which is a subpar grade. Based on our assessment, this facility may not be a great fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing score. You can continue reading to find out about nursing and other category scores
Castle Rock Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4001 Home Street,
Castle Rock CO 80108
66.48% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't give this nursing home a good overall grade, we did give it a strong grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. Our nursing grade assesses quite a few datapoints, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded them a grade of B in this area, which is one of our more favorable scores. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Castle Rock Care Center?
This place received an F for its inspection rating. This is an important category. Scores in this range often mean we found some red flags on the nursing home's government inspection reports. When a place has this poor of an inspection rating, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we would like to point out that this place was assessed large government fines recently totaling over $100,000. This generally indicates that a poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 71.875 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Castle Rock Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Castle Rock Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Castle Rock Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Castle Rock Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Castle Rock Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Castle Rock Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Castle Rock Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Castle Rock Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Castle Rock Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Castle Rock Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Castle Rock Care Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Castle Rock Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Castle Rock Care Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.66 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.05 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Red Hawk Dialysis (Dva)1.39 miles away4348 Woodland Blvd Ste 131 Castle Rock Colorado 80104Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 663-2875
- Parker Kidney Center (Ara)9.07 miles away18320 E Cottonwood Dr Ste C Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 805-2060
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)9.22 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)11.1 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)11.95 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)16.01 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)17.3 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)17.44 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600