Brookdale Green Mountain is one of 43 facilities in Denver, Colorado. This city has more nursing homes than most other cities in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this facility is among the higher-rated nursing homes we looked at. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be better than most of the facilities in Denver, which has a strong selection of nursing homes. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Brookdale Green Mountain
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Brookdale Green Mountain?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. In calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this facility an acceptable score in that area, with a B-. Even though this isn't as dominant as some of this nursing home's other grades, it is still not a major area of concern. Our long-term care ratings are more important for folks needing more traditional services related to activities of daily living. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 92.30769 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brookdale Green Mountain Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which have suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained a UTI. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 3.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 85.7% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brookdale Green Mountain, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)1.17 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)1.76 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3.13 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)4.12 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Mile High Pd (Dva)4.76 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)4.76 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)5.86 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)6.43 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367