Brazosview Healthcare Center is a small nursing home in Richmond, Texas. This is a good nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Richmond. Based on our assessment, this facility ought to meet the needs of many people. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Brazosview Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
This nursing home also excelled in nursing, where it earned a grade of B. Few places fared better in this category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Brazosview Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a decent grade of B-. In determining these long-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. Our short-term care grade is generally used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brazosview Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 94.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brazosview Healthcare Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Richmond, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Richmond, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away17500 W Grand Parkway South Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 725-5000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 7.6 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Houston Methodist Sugarland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away16655 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 274-8000
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.66 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- West Bellfort Dialysis1.29 miles away21026 W. Bellfort Richmond Texas 77406Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 595-0187
- Fresenius Medical Care Brazos2.54 miles away1730 b.f. Terry Boulevard Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 21 (832) 595-0003
- Fresenius Medical Care Rosenberg2.75 miles away2510 B. F. Terry Blvd. Rosenberg Texas 77471CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (281) 341-7425
- Davita Village Dialysis3.23 miles away6952 Industrial Parkway Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 232-3116
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.4.09 miles away2733 1st St Rosenberg Texas 77471Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 239-3156
- Lexington Dialysis, LLC8.06 miles away16035 Lexington Blvd Sugar Land Texas 77479Dialysis Stations: 24 (832) 783-9090
- First Colony Dialysis8.86 miles away1447 Hwy 6 Suite #140 Sugar Land Texas 77478Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 494-1465
- Sugar Land Home Training9.14 miles away1447 Hwy 6 Suite 130 Sugar Land Texas 77478Dialysis Stations: 2 (281) 277-0692